These are some questions you may want to ask your Food Justice Partner when you meet with them for the first time. These questions are meant to be a jumping off point–feel free to add more questions that make sense for you!
Basic Contact Information
- Who is the primary contact for the organization?
- What is the best method of contact (email, phone, etc.)
- How are you in contact with guests? Do you have regular guests?
- This question is to help you distribute the survey on what food items patrons will want to eat.
- How often do you distribute food?
- What days of the week?
- What times?
- How do you distribute?
- Standard box option – patrons pick up a pre-selected boxes
- Shopper choice option – patrons shop for themselves
- Combination – some items in preselected boxes, other items by choice
- Do you distribute hot cooked meals?
- How much space do you have available for produce?
- Do you have on-site cold storage?
- How would you like produce to be delivered: Bags, boxes, pre-packed in family size bags, etc.
- When should we drop off produce?
- Where will we meet up?
- How often will we check in? What is the best way to do that?
- Are there other aspects of the pantry we can help with?
- Partnering on events, doing can drives, etc.